The chilly weather is slowly going to creep up on us this month and many of us will be swapping over our summer wardrobes for our winter ones!
Each year, I end up giving a lot of clothes to charity when I do my swap over: clothes that are too big, too small (I wish) or which I never wear anymore.
This year I want to put together a project that will involve all of you out there in an INTERFAITH project!
Let me give you a bit of background on this project: 3 years ago, in early december, A and I decided to reach out to the homeless by going around central London handing out christmas cards and a small gift. The idea behind that was to bring a sense of home and belonging to the unfortunate ones who do not have an address and therefore will not be receiving cards or gifts for the holidays.
What we learned was that there just wasn't enough socks, gloves and scarves that we could give them.
I really want to do something similar this year, the halal way of course, but involving our other communities, not just the Muslims!
So here it is girls : THE PLAN (Inshallah)
- Change your wardrobe over to winter/autumn mode.
-Put aside anything you think you could do without, even socks, blankets or hats.
(these must be in good quality- good enough to give as a present to a friend)
The warmer the better!
- Spread the word to your friends, muslims, christians, jews, atheists any one is welcome to join!
- Come along to the swap shop ( SUNDAY 25th NOVEMBER) and have some girly fun, swap some clothes with other sisters. Address will be provided when you confirm your attendance to therevertdiaries @ yahoo.co.uk
- Anything you haven't swapped will then go to the homeless in London. Stay back and help with the wrapping.
Teas, biscuits and cakes will be provided.
- Join the team going out to central to hand out the parcels on SATURDAY 1st DECEMBER. Details on the day will come closer to the date but one team can hand out teas, another can hand out packets, and another can hand out sandwiches.
-We will be followed/ accompanied by brothers for safety. I will get my then husband to lead a team of brother to collect donations too, so do involve your sons, husbands and brothers into this project.
Come on girlies! Come on sisters! London has a heart, lets prove it!